This website (“Site”) provides you with information about the Rakuten Group’s businesses in the Asia-Pacific region outside of Japan. The businesses that are featured on this website are provided by different affiliates and subsidiaries of the Rakuten Group.
This Site is owned and operated by Rakuten Asia Pte. Ltd. (“Rakuten Asia”, “our”). Rakuten Asia is part of the Rakuten Group, and its parent company is Rakuten Group, Inc. which is based in Tokyo, Japan. More information about the Rakuten Group is available at “Our Businesses (https://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/company/)”.
2. Intellectual Property
All content available on this Site, including the design of this Site, any images, logo, write-up, posts, software or otherwise (“Content”), is either owned by or licensed to Rakuten Asia and its affiliates. Except with written permission from Rakuten Asia, you may not:
- Harvest or extract data from the Site, whether automatically or manually;
- modify or copy the Content;
- publicly display or republish the Content whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes;
- use the Content in any manner that may give a false or misleading impression, attribution or statement as to the Rakuten Group or any third-party associated with our services;
- use any tradename, trademark or brand name of the Rakuten Group and its affiliates in metatags, keywords, and/or hidden text;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this Site;
- create hypertext links between this Site and any other Site;
- remove any copyright or proprietary notations on the Content or Site; or
- attempt to hack or interfere in any manner with this Site and or any data areas on our servers.
The Content on this Site may include forward-looking statements relating to any future plans, targets, objectives, expectations and intentions. The forward-looking statements reflect management’s current assumptions and expectations of future events, and accordingly, they are inherently susceptible to uncertainties and changes in circumstances such as market and economic conditions, and are not guarantees of future performance. In light of the many risks and uncertainties, you are advised not to put undue reliance on these statements.
All Content on this Site is provided on an ‘as is’ basis and without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Rakuten Asia makes no warranty as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of the Content, that the functionality of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that they will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
Rakuten Asia may make changes to the content on the Site at any time without notice to you. However, Rakuten Asia does not make any commitment to update the Content.
4. Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by applicable laws, in no event shall Rakuten Asia, our affiliates and any third party associated with our services be liable to you for any damages (including without limitation, incidental, indirect or punitive damages, or for any loss of profits or loss of data) arising out of the use or inability to use the Content on the Site, even if Rakuten Asia or our authorised representative have been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Rakuten Asia, our parent and affiliated companies, as well as our respective officers, directors, contractors, employees, agents and any third party associated with our services (collectively, the “Indemnitees”) from and against any and all claims and related liabilities, damages, settlements, penalties, fines, costs and expenses incurred by any Indemnitee arising out of or in relation to:
- your use or misuse of the Site and its Content;
- your breach of any law or any rights of a third party; or
- any content uploaded by you.
6. Third Party Links
This Site may contain links to third party website that are not owned or controlled by Rakuten Asia. Rakuten Asia has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, policies or practices of any third party websites. These links are provided for your reference and convenience only, and do not necessarily imply any endorsement of these third party websites. You understand and accept that your access and use of these websites is solely at your own risk.
10. Governing Law